Monday, August 31, 2009

Women!!!

We spend our whole lives as women trying to be friends with other women, trying to be acceptable to these friends, questioning whether or not we are 'good enough' for other women, wondering if we are as pretty, as thin, as fit, as fast, as productive, as lucky, as together, as__________ you fill in the blank.

I wonder why the relationships that we crave so deeply have the power and ability to cause us so much mental anguish on a regular basis?

I really think that guys have it all figured out.

They sit around and talk about whatever dumb thing is on YouTube, or whatever crazy sport thing that happened, they share a little bit about what they are doing for work, and call themselves friends. When my husband spends 6 hours with a bunch of guys, he comes home and I ask him,

"What did you guys talk about all day?" His answer, "Oh, nothing, work...your momma jokes, stuff like that.."


And I sit and think to myself, "This is the glue that holds guys together????"

Funny though, he never comes home from hanging out with the guys and wonders if he said the wrong thing, or if the other guys think he is too obnoxious, or feels lame because one guy didn't talk to him as much as the other guys.

I am beginning to think that maybe guys and their "your momma" jokes are on to something....

No comments:

Post a Comment