Friday, August 7, 2009

Joining the blogging world!

Wow! That was really easy! I have been so intimidated by the whole blogging thing..its nice to see that it isn't that hard! This blog has been a long time in coming for me. I thrive on human connection and find it so interesting that I can feel connected to people by reading their postings. I have become acquainted with so many people that I have never met simply by reading their blog. I hope this has the same effect on those who read this.

This blog isn't going to be a "here's the latest going on with me" kind of blog, although I love reading them!

My life is kind of an endless string of waking up, feeding, dressing, diapering, cleaning, feeding, driving, cooking, diapering, cleaning, and putting to bed.


Not much variation from day to day. What I find to be the ONLY variation from this repetitive cycle is the new insights I gain from reading books or magazines or talking to a friend or really examining my life and having "aha!" moments. These insights help me to feel like there is some sort of method to the madness..that there is wisdom in everything whether it is good or bad and recognizing the wisdom enables us to feel just that much more balanced.

Which leads me to the title of this blog. I have been on this quest for a balanced life for a long time and I don't really ever feel like I will get there.

Its kind of like balancing on a wakeboard or any other floating thing...you think you have it all mastered, you are balancing, you give an inner cheer like, "yay! I've got it! I have finally figured this out!" only to have a huge boat wake or swell or whatever come along and chuck you straight into the water!

So, how do we get ourselves back up on that flotation device? Well, this blog is going to be the insights and aha! moments that give me the motivation to get back up and give it another try. It is my hope that something, somewhere in this blog will help you to feel better, or think differently, or entertain a new perspective, so that your life can become just a little bit more balanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment